November 3, 2014

MOUNTAIN WEATHER FORECAST

HELLO ALL,

For those of you who are new, one of my main responsibilities during the winter season is providing a mountain weather forecast for the Resort.  My BS in Earth Science and Meteorology, as well as, the last 14 years of experience doing it, help me interpret weather models, data and charts in order to forecast the effects of approaching weather.  My forecast is a focused micro forecast specifically for Stevens Pass Resort, which is unique to the weather forecasting done by others services (NOAA, TV and Radio..) that cast a much wider net.  
 
 My goal is to email a mountain weather forecast that I post every day; with a few days off thrown in there from time to time.  These forecasts main function is to aid in avalanche forecasting, but also aid in all mountain operations.   If you have any questions or need clarification on anything, please don’t hesitate to ask.   I will start the forecast today – you should see the first one in about an hour or so.

Enjoy


John 

No comments:

8:00am Start for 4/15/2024 - TEAR DOWN

 Great Last Day!